Generic Name and Formulations:
Rimabotulinumtoxin B 2500 Units/0.5mL, 5000 Units/1mL, 10000 Units/2mL; soln for IM inj; contains human albumin; preservative-free.
US WorldMeds, LLC
Indications for MYOBLOC:
Cervical dystonia, to reduce severity of abnormal head position and neck pain.
Should be administered and managed by experienced physicians. Individualize. Treatment-experienced: Initially 2500 to 5000 Units divided among affected muscles. Treatment-naïve: use lower initial dose. Adjust subsequent doses based on response.
Infection at proposed inj site.
Distant spread of toxin effect.
Not interchangeable with other botulinum toxin products. Spread of botulinum toxin effects my be observed beyond the local injection site. Pre-existing dysphagia. Respiratory disorders. Neuromuscular disorders (eg, myasthenia gravis, ALS, Lambert-Eaton syndrome); monitor closely. Contains human albumin; monitor for possible viral disease transmission. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by aminoglycosides or other agents interfering with neuromuscular transmission (eg, curare-like compounds). Concomitant other botulinum toxin products may potentiate neuromuscular paralysis.
Inj site reactions, dry mouth, dysphagia (may be severe), dyspepsia, headache; respiratory difficulties, allergic reactions (discontinue if occurs).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation