Generic Name and Formulations:
Ethambutol HCl 100mg, 400mg+; tabs; +scored.
X-GEN Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MYAMBUTOL:
Susceptible pulmonary tuberculosis with other antituberculars.
Give once daily. Initially 15mg/kg per day. Retreatment: 25mg/kg per day, after 60 days decrease to 15mg/kg per day. Renal dysfunction: reduce dose.
<13yrs: not recommended.
Test visual acuity before beginning therapy and periodically; monthly if dose exceeds 15mg/kg per day. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function in long-term use. Gout. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Dermatitis, pruritus, joint pain, GI upset, fever, malaise, headache, dizziness, confusion, peripheral neuritis, gout, reduced visual acuity, optic neuritis.
Tabs 100mg—100; 400mg—100, 1000
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation