Generic Name and Formulations:
Purified water, glycerin, benzyl alcohol, sodium saccharin, Carbomer Homopolymer A, potassium hydroxide, citric acid, polysorbate 60 and phosphoric acid; mucoadhesive oral wound rinse.
Indications for MUGARD:
For the management of oral mucositis/stomatitis and all types of oral wounds, including aphthous ulcers/canker sores and traumatic ulcers.
Pour 5mL into mouth and rinse entire oral cavity for 30–60 seconds, or longer. May use up to 10mL to fully coat inside of mouth. After rinsing, expel or swallow. Repeat 4–6 times/day. Avoid eating or drinking at least 1 hour after rinsing.
Do not dilute. Pregnancy.
Must enroll with Bioscrip Specialty Pharmacy for patient to receive product: (877) 350-3035.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling