MUCINEX COUGH FOR KIDS MINI-MELTS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextromethorphan HBr 5mg, guaifenesin 100mg; per packet; orange creme flavor; contains (phenylalanine 2mg, magnesium 6mg, sodium 2mg) per packet.
Indications for MUCINEX COUGH FOR KIDS MINI-MELTS:
Chest congestion. Cough.
Empty entire contents of packet onto tongue and swallow. Do not chew. 2–4 packets every 4 hours. Max 6 doses/day.
Empty entire contents of packet onto tongue and swallow. Do not chew. <4yrs: do not use. 4–5yrs: 1 packet every 4 hours. 6–11yrs: 1–2 packets every 4 hours. Max 6 doses/day.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers. Mini-Melts: Renal disease. Magnesium-restricted diet.
Antitussive + expectorant.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs (see Contraindications).
GI upset, drowsiness, headache, rash.
DM—20, 40; Max Strength—14, 28; Pkts—12; Soln—4oz
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation