People with migraines and comorbid mood disorders often need treatments that address both conditions, as well as management of sleep, stress, and lifestyle issues.
Investigators examined the efficacy of sertraline and interpersonal psychotherapy vs pill placebo over 12 weeks in woman with postpartum depression.
For adolescent girls, depression, but not anxiety, predicts future alcohol use.
The use of ezogabine, a KCNQ channel opener, may improve depression and anhedonic symptoms in patients with major depressive disorder.
Findings based on large study assessing genetic causal link, even without metabolic effects
Mindfulness meditation training may reduce negative affect variability in middle-age and older adults.
High blood sugar levels may put patients with bipolar disorder at risk of not responding to lithium and other mood stabilizer treatments.
For military veterans, in-person social interaction, but not social contact on Facebook, is associated with a significantly reduced risk for symptoms of major depression and PTSD.
Investigators examined whether high serum uric acid is a risk biomarker for conversion of major depressive disorder to bipolar disorder.
This study had a sample size large enough to assess the effect of circadian disruption on mental health disorders, and was the first to objectively measure patterns of rest and activity (using accelerometers).
Lundbeck announced that the Food and Drug Administration has approved a supplemental New Drug Application for Trintellix.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Efficacy, Safety of Long-Term Ketamine Administration Still In Question
- Etiology of Schizophrenia: Strong Association With Certain Rare Copy Number Variants
- KCNQ Channel Potentiator Ezogabine Delivers Promising Results in Major Depressive Disorder
- Vulnerability to Psychosocial Disability in Psychosis
- FDA to Review Lumateperone for Treatment of Schizophrenia
- Cannabis Use, Cannabis Use Disorder Linked to Psychotic, Depressive Symptoms
- Abstinence From Regular Cannabis Use Improves Memory Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- Association Between Opioid and Benzodiazepine Misuse and Suicidal Ideation
- Group Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Is Effective Treatment for Adolescent Anxiety
- The Intersection of Eating and Alcohol Disorders: Detecting and Managing "Drunkorexia"