People with migraines and comorbid mood disorders often need treatments that address both conditions, as well as management of sleep, stress, and lifestyle issues.
This study had a sample size large enough to assess the effect of circadian disruption on mental health disorders, and was the first to objectively measure patterns of rest and activity (using accelerometers).
Lundbeck announced that the Food and Drug Administration has approved a supplemental New Drug Application for Trintellix.
Investigators assessed the prevalence and risk factors associated with symptoms of anxiety and depression in adolescents with HIV and those without infection but affected by HIV.
Female offspring of women who participated in the Finnish evacuation during World War II were shown to be at increased risk of psychiatric hospitalization.
Increased depression severity among children with early childhood adverse experiences were shown to be correlated with poor emotional awareness.
In young adults, MDD, GAD, and SSRI use is associated with bone metabolism.
Ketamine dosing continues to raise safety concerns.
Of the estimated 38.6 million patients who have a mental health disorder, 7.2 million of them use prescription opioids
Dixdc1 knockout mice demonstrated behaviors suggestive of depression, anxiety, and impaired social behavior.
Approximately 80% of depressive episodes have their onset during the first six months following traumatic brain injury.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Atypical Symptom Presentations in Pediatric OCD
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Light Therapy Effective for Older Adults with Nonseasonal Depression
- AMA Adopts Policy on Augmented Intelligence
- Parental Belief in Religion Lowers Child Suicide Risk
- Appetitive Symptoms, Fluoxetine, and Light Therapy: Predicting Treatment Response for Nonseasonal Major Depression
- Bipolar Disorder Patients Benefit From Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality