Generic Name and Formulations:
Polyethylene glycol (PEG) 3350; pwd for solution.
Indications for MIRALAX:
≥17yrs: Dissolve 17g in 4–8oz liquid and drink once daily for up to 7 days. May need 1–3 days for results.
<17yrs: not recommended.
Bowel obstruction (known or suspected).
Renal impairment: not recommended. Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain or IBS: exclude bowel obstruction. Avoid prolonged, frequent, or excessive use. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Loose, watery, frequent stools.
Powder—119g, 238g, 510g (w. measuring cap); Single-dose packets (17g)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- Genetic Variations Associated With Empathy Affect Psychiatric Conditions
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed