Generic Name and Formulations:
Polyethylene glycol (PEG) 3350; pwd for solution.
Indications for MIRALAX:
≥17yrs: Dissolve 17g in 4–8oz liquid and drink once daily for up to 7 days. May need 1–3 days for results.
<17yrs: not recommended.
Bowel obstruction (known or suspected).
Renal impairment: not recommended. Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain or IBS: exclude bowel obstruction. Avoid prolonged, frequent, or excessive use. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Loose, watery, frequent stools.
Powder—119g, 238g, 510g (w. measuring cap); Single-dose packets (17g)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents