Mild Cognitive Impairment
The researchers noted that automated tests should not be used alone, but should instead be used as part of a comprehensive evaluation that must include clinical judgment and involve traditional assessor-guided cognitive batteries.
Primary hyperparathyroidism may be linked to lower intracerebral vasomotor reactivity, which could lead to cognitive dysfunction.
Most research to date has focused on the association between depression and dementia, but not many studies were performed to investigate the link between anxiety and dementia.
The effects of aggregate genetic AD risk are detectable before symptoms appear, even early in life.
Administration time for cognitive assessment screenings is currently suboptimal in many clinical settings.
While scientists have long known that tau is involved in dementia, the way in which it hinders cognitive function has remained uncertain.
There was improvement in cognitive performance and brain function in those who took the blueberry powder.
Metabolic syndrome was linked to increased incidence of mild cognitive impairment and progression to dementia.
Mice repeatedly exposed to an aggressive intruder had a difficult time remembering locations in a previously mastered maze.
Increasing weight loss, BMI from midlife to late life may be marker for mild cognitive impairment.
For adults, mild cognitive issues that may develop over time are unrelated, researchers say.
Those who had 2 to 3 alcoholic drinks a day had a 77% lower risk of dying during the study period than those who had 1 or fewer drinks a day.
Research identifies link between high levels of perceived stress and mild cognitive impairment.
Participants' cardiorespiratory fitness improved by about 8%, and the greater the fitness improvements, the more growth in the cortical layer.
Larger brain size could be linked to reduced risk of cognitive impairment.
Higher risk for older individuals who never or rarely consume coffee, and those who increased amount.
Among those with mild cognitive impairment, women's cognitive abilities deteriorated twice as quickly as men.
In patients with mild cognitive impairment, a holistic, multidisciplinary intervention improved attention, concentration, and problem solving.
People with mild cognitive impairment who also have another psychiatric symptom, such as depression, more than twice as likely to develop dementia.
Virtual reality games can identify mild cognitive impairment with accuracy similar to neuropsychological tests.
Intellectual stimulation in life may reduce the risk of developing cognitive impairment, such as dementia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders