MIDOL COMPLETE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 500mg, caffeine 60mg, pyrilamine maleate 15mg; caplets.
Bayer Corp, Consumer Care Div.
Indications for MIDOL COMPLETE:
2 caplets every 6hrs; max 6/day.
<12yrs: consult physician.
Concomitant other acetaminophen-containing products.
Acetaminophen: hepatic disease. Pyrilamine: asthma, emphysema, other lower respiratory disorders. Glaucoma. GI or urinary obstruction. Discontinue if skin or allergic reactions occur. Reevaluate if pain worsens or lasts >10 days or fever persists or worsens >3 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + diuretic + sedating antihistamine.
Acetaminophen: increased risk of hepatotoxicity if overdosage or ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day. Pyrilamine: potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Caution with warfarin, sedatives, or tranquilizers.
Acetaminophen: hepatotoxicity (overdosage). Pyrilamine: drowsiness, dizziness, paradoxical excitation (esp. in children). Caffeine: nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, occasional palpitations.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Characteristics of Unipolar Mania, Distinct from Bipolar Disorder, Described
- Aspirin, N-Acetylcysteine Effective Adjunctive Treatments in Bipolar Depression
- Subthreshold Pediatric Bipolar Disorder Is a Significant Psychiatric Burden
- Interview-Only Version of Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale Effective for OCD Monitoring in Youth
- Potential Biomarker Differentiates Between Bipolar Disorder With, Without Psychosis
- Part 1: Adolescent Tech Use and Mental Health: Expert Roundtable
- Challenging Stigma: Should Psychiatrists Disclose Their Own Mental Illness?
- Social Anxiety in Schizophrenia: An Overlooked Problem
- Inflammation: Is It the Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Depression?
- Childhood Physical Violence Associated With Decreased Total Cholesterol
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities
- The Robot Will See You Now: The Increasing Role of Robotics in Psychiatric Care
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Improves Psychiatric Disorders During Addiction Therapy
- Infections, Antibiotics Associated With Subsequent Increased Risk for Mental Disorders in Youth