Generic Name and Formulations:
Metronidazole 0.75%; lotion.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for METROLOTION:
After washing, apply a thin film once daily to affected areas.
CNS disease (eg, peripheral neuropathy). Blood dyscrasias. If irritation occurs, reduce frequency, interrupt therapy, or discontinue use. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate oral anticoagulants.
Local reactions, nasopharyngitis, upper respiratory tract infection, headache.
Gel 1%—60g tube, 55g pump
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling