Generic Name and Formulations:
L-methylfolate calcium (as Metafolin) 3mg, Algae-S powder (Schizochytrium) 90.314mg, pyridoxal 5'-phosphate 35mg, methylcobalamin 2mg; caps.
Alfasigma USA, Inc.
Indications for METANX:
Clinical dietary management of diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
Use only under medical supervision. 1 cap twice daily or 2 caps once daily.
Folic acid may mask Vit.B12 deficiency, including pernicious anemia.
Acne, skin reactions, allergic reactions, photosensitivity, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, increased LFTs, paresthesia, somnolence, headache, mild transient diarrhea, itching, transitory exanthema, feeling of body swelling.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders