Generic Name and Formulations:
L-methylfolate calcium (as Metafolin) 3mg, Algae-S powder (Schizochytrium) 90.314mg, pyridoxal 5'-phosphate 35mg, methylcobalamin 2mg; caps.
Alfasigma USA, Inc.
Indications for METANX:
Clinical dietary management of diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
Use only under medical supervision. 1 cap twice daily or 2 caps once daily.
Folic acid may mask Vit.B12 deficiency, including pernicious anemia.
Acne, skin reactions, allergic reactions, photosensitivity, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, increased LFTs, paresthesia, somnolence, headache, mild transient diarrhea, itching, transitory exanthema, feeling of body swelling.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents