Generic Name and Formulations:
Vestronidase alfa-vjbk 2mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc.
Indications for MEPSEVII:
Treatment of Mucopolysaccharidosis VII (MPS VII, Sly syndrome).
Limitations Of use:
Effect on the CNS manifestations of MPS VII has not been determined.
Adults and Children:
Premedicate with a non-sedating antihistamine with or without an antipyretic 30–60mins prior to infusion. Give as IV infusion over 4hrs (infuse first 2.5% of total volume over 1hr, then increase rate as tolerated over next 3hrs); see full labeling. 4mg/kg every 2 weeks.
Have appropriate medical support readily available. Should be administered under supervision of healthcare professional. Monitor during and for ≥60mins post-infusion for anaphylaxis; discontinue immediately if a severe systemic reaction occurs. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Recombinant human lysosomal beta glucuronidase.
Infusion site extravasation, diarrhea, rash, anaphylaxis, infusion site swelling, peripheral swelling, pruritus.
Single-dose vial (5mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation