Generic Name and Formulations:
Phytonadione (Vit. K1) 5mg; scored tabs.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MEPHYTON:
Initially 2.5–25mg as a single dose depending on severity and response; max 50mg.
Does not counteract effects of heparin. Thromboembolism. Hepatic disease. Absorption requires endogenous bile supply. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Reduced absorption with mineral oil, cholestyramine. Antagonizes coumarin or indanedione derivative anticoagulants.
Gastric disturbances, rash.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Symptoms of Anxiety, Depression Differ Depending on Gender, Race, Ethnicity
- Examining Whether Adjunctive Glutamatergic Medication Further Eases OCD Symptoms
- FDA Permits Marketing of Brain Stimulation Device for OCD
- Antipsychotics Adversely Affect Adiposity and Insulin Sensitivity in Youths
- Know Before You Go: Practicing Medicine Abroad