Generic Name and Formulations:
Phytonadione (Vit. K1) 5mg; scored tabs.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MEPHYTON:
Initially 2.5–25mg as a single dose depending on severity and response; max 50mg.
Does not counteract effects of heparin. Thromboembolism. Hepatic disease. Absorption requires endogenous bile supply. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Reduced absorption with mineral oil, cholestyramine. Antagonizes coumarin or indanedione derivative anticoagulants.
Gastric disturbances, rash.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Suicide Risk After Self-Harm Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Safety, Efficacy of Deep Brain Stimulation for Alzheimer Disease Examined
- Many Teens Who Use Tobacco Don't Self-Identify as Users