Emotional stability assessed in late adolescence is inversely associated with serious mental illness.
Women with severe mental illness were less likely to be screened for cervical cancer.
"Diabulimia" may or may not be associated with bulimia or any of its symptoms.
Varenicline is approved by the FDA for use as a smoking cessation aid.
A disproportionate number of patients with mental illness are obese compared to the general population.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence Associated With Poorer Mental Health Outcomes
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- Insomnia in Borderline Personality Disorder May Increase Suicide Risk
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- The Challenges of Identifying Biomarkers of Psychiatric Illness
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- Psychotropic Medication May Reduce Symptoms and Improve Functioning in PTSD
- Social Decline a Predictor of Conversion Outcome in High-Risk Individuals
- Buprenorphine/Samidorphan Helpful in Refractory Depression