Men, including male physicians, are less likely than female physicians to seek medical treatment for their own health conditions.
The risk of any mental disorder was increased for individuals with a positive streptococcal test, especially for OCD and tic disorders
Varenicline is approved by the FDA for use as a smoking cessation aid.
Athletes presenting with psychosomatic symptoms before a concussion may have a longer recovery period.
Early intervention strategies are needed to address potential substance use and misuse in adolescents with mental disorders.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence Associated With Poorer Mental Health Outcomes
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- The Challenges of Identifying Biomarkers of Psychiatric Illness
- Insomnia in Borderline Personality Disorder May Increase Suicide Risk
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- FDA to Ban Most Flavored Electronic Cigarettes
- Predictors of CBT Outcomes Identified in Youths With Anxiety Disorders
- Happy Childhood Memories Associated With Better Health
- FDA Launches MyStudies Mobile App in Effort to Increase Access to Real World Patient Data
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression