Men, including male physicians, are less likely than female physicians to seek medical treatment for their own health conditions.
The risk of any mental disorder was increased for individuals with a positive streptococcal test, especially for OCD and tic disorders
Varenicline is approved by the FDA for use as a smoking cessation aid.
Athletes presenting with psychosomatic symptoms before a concussion may have a longer recovery period.
Early intervention strategies are needed to address potential substance use and misuse in adolescents with mental disorders.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Neuroimaging Markers of Bipolar Disorder Risk for At-Risk Youth
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double