Men, including male physicians, are less likely than female physicians to seek medical treatment for their own health conditions.
The risk of any mental disorder was increased for individuals with a positive streptococcal test, especially for OCD and tic disorders
Varenicline is approved by the FDA for use as a smoking cessation aid.
Athletes presenting with psychosomatic symptoms before a concussion may have a longer recovery period.
Early intervention strategies are needed to address potential substance use and misuse in adolescents with mental disorders.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Distinct Characteristics in Children at Risk for Schizophrenia vs Bipolar Disorder
- Nonstimulants May Be an Appropriate Alternative to Stimulants for Treating ADHD
- Psychotic Experiences Associated With Increased Risk for Eating Disorders in Adolescents
- Novel Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Targets Preschool-Aged Depression
- Remission of Treatment-Resistant Depression in Veterans Depends on Close Clinical Observation
- Medical Clearance of Psych Patients in the ED: Consensus Recommendations
- From Abused Child to Serial Killer: Investigating Nature vs Nurture in Methods of Murder
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Effective in Reducing Suicide Attempts, Self-Harm in Adolescents
- Should Physicians Treat Family and Friends? Three Experts Weigh In
- When Physicians Become Patients: Challenges in Seeking Health Care
- Long-Acting Injectables Effective in Patients With Comorbid Psychosis, Substance Use Disorder
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Improves Global Cognition in Bipolar Disorder
- FOSTA-SESTA Threatens Sex Worker Livelihoods: What Mental Health Providers Should Know