Generic Name and Formulations:
Binimetinib 15mg; tabs.
Array BioPharma, Inc.
RECENT UPDATESMonograph added.
Indications for MEKTOVI:
In combination with encorafenib, for unresectable or metastatic melanoma with a BRAF V600E or V600K mutation, as detected by an FDA-approved test.
Confirm BRAF V600E or V600K mutation prior to initiation. 45mg twice daily (approx. 12hrs apart) with encorafenib until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Moderate or severe hepatic impairment: 30mg twice daily. Dose modifications for adverse reactions: see full labeling. Refer to encorafenib labeling for dosing. Discontinue if encorafenib is permanently discontinued.
Cardiomyopathy: assess LVEF prior to initiating, 1 month after initiation, and then every 2–3 months during treatment. Patients with baseline LVEF below 50% or LLN: not established. Cardiovascular risk factors; monitor closely. Venous thromboembolism (DVT & PE). Ocular toxicities (serious retinopathy, retinal vein occlusion [RVO], uveitis): assess for visual symptoms at each visit; perform ophthalmologic exams regularly and for new or worsening visual disturbances (esp. within 24hrs for RVO). Assess new or progressive unexplained pulmonary symptoms or for possible interstitial lung disease. Hepatotoxicity: monitor liver tests before initiation, monthly during treatment, and as clinically indicated. Rhabdomyolysis: monitor CPK and creatinine prior to initiating, periodically during, and as clinically indicated. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy: exclude status prior to initiation. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during and for ≥30 days after final dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 3 days after final dose).
In combination with encorafenib: fatigue, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain; hemorrhage.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Distinct Characteristics in Children at Risk for Schizophrenia vs Bipolar Disorder
- Nonstimulants May Be an Appropriate Alternative to Stimulants for Treating ADHD
- Psychotic Experiences Associated With Increased Risk for Eating Disorders in Adolescents
- Novel Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Targets Preschool-Aged Depression
- Remission of Treatment-Resistant Depression in Veterans Depends on Close Clinical Observation
- Medical Clearance of Psych Patients in the ED: Consensus Recommendations
- From Abused Child to Serial Killer: Investigating Nature vs Nurture in Methods of Murder
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Effective in Reducing Suicide Attempts, Self-Harm in Adolescents
- Should Physicians Treat Family and Friends? Three Experts Weigh In
- Therapy Focusing on Mindfulness, Interoception Improves Outcomes for Women With Substance Use Disorder
- Exposure to Antidepressants in Utero May Affect Childhood Motor Development
- Gender, MAOA Genotype, and History of Child Abuse Predict Tobacco and Cannabis Use
- Effect of Long-Term Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate for Major Depressive Disorder
- 5-Factor Brief Negative Symptom Scale Validation in Schizophrenia