MEDERMA SCAR CREAM + SPF 30 OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Avobenzone 3%, octocrylene 10%, oxybenzone 6%; contains Cepalin, onion bulb extract, alcohol, parabens; SPF 30.
Indications for MEDERMA SCAR CREAM + SPF 30:
Prevention of sunburn while improving scar appearance.
Adults and Children:
<6 months: not recommended. ≥6 months: apply at least 3 times daily. New scars: use for 8 weeks. Existing scars: use for 3–6 months. Sunscreen use: apply 15 mins before sun exposure; reapply every 2hrs.
Not for use on deep or puncture wounds, damaged or broken skin, animal bites, or serious burns. Avoid eyes. Reevaluate if condition worsens or persists >7 days.
Swelling, scar discoloration, severe itching; discontinue immediately if occurs.
Gel—20g, 50g; Crm—20g
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents