M-M-R II Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Measles, mumps and rubella viruses live, attenuated; for SC inj; contains neomycin, human albumin; preservative-free.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for M-M-R II:
Measles, mumps and rubella immunization. A 2nd dose of measles vaccine is recommended.
Adults and Children:
<12 months: usually not recommended. Each dose is 0.5mL. Give by SC inj into upper outer arm. First dose at 12–15 months of age, second dose at 4–6yrs of age (ACIP recommendations).
Egg, gelatin, or neomycin hypersensitivity. Active respiratory or other febrile infection. Active untreated tuberculosis. Immunosuppression. Blood dyscrasias. Bone marrow or lymphatic malignancy. Pregnancy (Cat.C) during and for 3 months after vaccination.
Have epinephrine inj available. History of febrile convulsions or cerebral injury. Defer vaccination for at least 3 months after blood or plasma transfusions or immune serum globulin, and for at least 1 month before or after other live virus vaccines (except oral polio). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Immunosuppressants (see Contraindications). May interfere with tuberculin test.
Fever, rash, malaise, sore throat, headache, local reactions, arthritic symptoms, parotitis, orchitis, thrombocytopenia, purpura; encephalitis (rare).
Single dose vial—1, 10 (w. diluent); Multi-dose vial—1 (w. diluent)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders