LYRICA CR CV
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pregabalin 82.5mg, 165mg, 330mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for LYRICA CR:
Neuropathic pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN). Postherpetic neuralgia (PHN).
Swallow whole. Take once daily after evening meal. DPN: initially 165mg daily, may increase to max 330mg/day within 1 week. PHN: initially 165mg daily, may increase to 330mg daily within 1 week; max 660mg/day if insufficient relief after 2–4wks. Conversion from Lyrica capsules, oral soln: see full labeling. For all: renal impairment (CrCl 30–60mL/min): reduce dose (see full labeling); (CrCl <30mL/min or hemodialysis): dose with Lyrica.
<4yrs: not established. Give in 2–3 divided doses. ≥4yrs (11kg–<30kg): initially 3.5mg/kg/day, max 14mg/kg/day; (≥30kg): initially 2.5mg/kg/day, max 10mg/kg/day (up to 600mg/day). Renal impairment (CrCl <60mL/min): not established.
Avoid abrupt cessation (taper over ≥1 week). Discontinue if angioedema, hypersensitivity reactions, myopathy or markedly elevated creatine kinase levels occur. Monitor for new or worsening depression, suicidal thoughts, unusual behavior. CHF. Ocular conditions. Diabetes (monitor skin integrity). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Alpha-2 delta ligand.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Additive edema, weight gain with thiazolidinediones. Increased risk of angioedema with concomitant ACEIs.
Dizziness, somnolence, dry mouth, edema, blurred vision, weight gain, thinking abnormal (primarily difficulty with concentration/attention); elevated creatine kinase, decreased platelets, PR prolongation, male-mediated teratogenicity; may be tumorigenic. Also in children: increased appetite.
Register patients in North American Antiepileptic Drug (NAAED) Pregnancy Registry by calling (888) 233-2334.
Caps—90; CR tabs—30; Soln—16oz
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age