LYRICA CR CV
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pregabalin 82.5mg, 165mg, 330mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for LYRICA CR:
Neuropathic pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN). Postherpetic neuralgia (PHN).
Swallow whole. Take once daily after evening meal. DPN: initially 165mg daily, may increase to max 330mg/day within 1 week. PHN: initially 165mg daily, may increase to 330mg daily within 1 week; max 660mg/day if insufficient relief after 2–4wks. Conversion from Lyrica capsules, oral soln: see full labeling. For all: renal impairment (CrCl 30–60mL/min): reduce dose (see full labeling); (CrCl <30mL/min or hemodialysis): dose with Lyrica.
Avoid abrupt cessation (taper over ≥1 week). Discontinue if angioedema, hypersensitivity reactions, myopathy or markedly elevated creatine kinase levels occur. CHF. Ocular conditions. Diabetes (monitor skin integrity). Suicidal tendencies (monitor). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Additive edema, weight gain with thiazolidinediones. Increased risk of angioedema with concomitant ACEIs.
Alpha-2 delta ligand.
Dizziness, somnolence, dry mouth, edema, blurred vision, weight gain, thinking abnormal (primarily difficulty with concentration/attention), infection, asthenia, paresthesias, headache, fatigue; elevated creatine kinase, decreased platelets, arrhythmias (PR prolongation), male-mediated teratogenicity; may be tumorigenic.
Register patients in North American Antiepileptic Drug (NAAED) Pregnancy Registry by calling (888) 233-2334.
Caps—90; CR tabs—30; Soln—16oz
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- #MeToo: Helping Victims Cope With Sexual Harassment
- Association Between Psychosis and Development of Dementia in Older Men
- Phonemic Verbal Advantage in Mild Cognitive Impairment May Predict Risk for Alzheimer Disease
- Psychosis Could Be a Potential Side Effect of Steroid Treatment in Kids
- Guidance Offered for Improving Mental Health in Workplace
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Nutritional Influences on Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Old Challenges and New Directions in Managing Tardive Dyskinesia
- Early Intervention Strategies for Bipolar Disorder: Clinical Dilemmas and Directions
- Similar Rates of Childhood Trauma in Schizophrenia and Substance Use Disorders
- Bully for Us: Confronting Medicine's Bullying Problem
- Personality Functioning Associated With Global Functioning in Bipolar Disorder I
- Higher Incidence of Mania in Adults With Intellectual Disabilities vs General Population
- Youth With Gender Nonconformity Vulnerable to Adversity
- Negative Affect That Lingers Tied to Health 10 Years Later