Generic Name and Formulations:
Dyphylline 200mg, 400mg; scored tabs.
Indications for LUFYLLIN:
For relief of acute bronchial asthma and for reversible bronchospasm associated with chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
Individualize. Usual dose: up to 15mg/kg every 6 hours. Renal impairment: adjust dose.
Not for primary treatment of acute attack. Severe cardiac disease. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Acute myocardial injury. Peptic ulcer. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Toxicity with concomitant sympathomimetics. Potentiated by probenecid.
GI upset, epigastric pain, hematemesis, headache, irritability, restlessness, insomnia, hyperexcitability, agitation, muscle twitching, generalized clonic and tonic convulsions, palpitation, tachycardia, extrasystoles, flushing, hypotension, circulatory failure, ventricular arrhythmias, tachypnea, gross and microscopic hematuria, diuresis, hyperglycemia, inappropriate ADH syndrome.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling