LORTAB ELIXIR CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 10mg, acetaminophen 300mg; per 15mL; tropical fruit punch flavor; contains alcohol 7%.
Indications for LORTAB ELIXIR:
Moderate to moderately severe pain.
11.25mL every 4–6hrs as needed; max 67.5mL/day.
<2yrs: not recommended. Give every 4–6hrs as needed; max 6 doses/day. 2–3yrs (12–15kg): 2.8mL; max: 16.8mL/day. 4–6yrs (16–22kg): 3.75mL; max: 22.5mL/day. 7–9yrs (23–31kg): 5.6mL; max: 33.6mL/day. 10–13yrs (32–45kg): 7.5mL; max: 45mL/day. ≥14yrs (≥46kg): 11.25mL; max: 67.5mL.
Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Impaired renal, hepatic, thyroid, pulmonary, or adrenocortical function. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Drug abusers. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Opioid + analgesic.
Potentiation with alcohol, CNS depressants, MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, anticholinergics.
Dizziness, CNS depression, respiratory depression, GI upset, constipation, urinary retention; hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents