LOPRESSOR HCT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Metoprolol tartrate, hydrochlorothiazide 50mg/25mg, 100mg/25mg; scored tabs.
Indications for LOPRESSOR HCT:
Titrate individual components.
Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt heart failure. Cardiogenic shock. Sick-sinus syndrome. Severe peripheral circulatory disorders. Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
CHF. Ischemic heart disease. Bronchospastic disease, COPD. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Gout. Diabetes. Postsympathectomy. Hyperthyroidism. Surgery. SLE. Avoid abrupt cessation. Monitor electrolytes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiated by alcohol, CNS depressants, other antihypertensives. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. Metoprolol potentiated by felodipine. Increased toxicity of calcium channel blockers, lidocaine, diazoxide, digitalis, lithium. Antagonized by NSAIDs, barbiturates, rifampin. Amphotericin B, ACTH, corticosteroids increase hypokalemia risk. Adjust antidiabetic medication. May antagonize epinephrine. May interfere with parathyroid, glaucoma screening tests.
Cardioselective beta-blocker + diuretic.
Fatigue, bronchospasm, dizziness, drowsiness, headache, fluid or electrolyte imbalance, bradycardia, depression, dyspnea, GI upset, blurred vision, tinnitus, earache, impotence, myalgia, cold extremities, CHF, heart block.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- Genetic Variations Associated With Empathy Affect Psychiatric Conditions
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed