Generic Name and Formulations:
Phentermine HCl 8mg; scored tabs.
KVK Tech, Inc.
Indications for LOMAIRA:
A short-term (a few weeks) adjunct in a regimen of weight reduction based on exercise, behavioral modification and caloric restriction in the management of exogenous obesity for patients with an initial body mass index ≥30kg/m2, or ≥27kg/m2 in the presence of other risk factors (eg, hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia).
>16yrs: Individualize. Use lowest effective dose. Usual dose: 1 tab 3 times daily at approx. 30mins before meals. Avoid late PM dose.
≤16yrs: not recommended.
Cardiovascular disease (eg, coronary artery disease, stroke, arrhythmias, CHF, uncontrolled hypertension). During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Hyperthyroidism. Glaucoma. Agitated states. History of drug abuse. Pregnancy (Cat.X). Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of primary pulmonary hypertension (PPH), valvular heart disease. Discontinue if new, unexplained dyspnea, angina, syncope, or lower extremity edema develops. Discontinue if tolerance to the anorectant effect develops. Mild hypertension. Diabetes. Renal impairment: monitor. Prescribe minimal supply to avoid overdose. Elderly.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis possible with MAOIs. Concomitant other weight loss drugs, OTC preps, herbals, including SSRIs (eg, fluoxetine, sertraline, fluvoxamine, paroxetine): not recommended. Caution with alcohol. Insulin or oral hypoglycemics: requirements may be altered. May decrease hypotensive effect of adrenergic neuron blockers.
Cardiovascular (eg, PPH, regurgitant cardiac valvular disease, palpitation, tachycardia, elevated blood pressure, ischemic events, CNS (eg, overstimulation, restlessness, dizziness, insomnia, euphoria, dysphoria, tremor, headache, psychosis), dry mouth, unpleasant taste, GI upset, constipation, urticaria, impotence, changes in libido.
Tabs—30, 60, 90, 250, 500, 1000
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Suicide Risk After Self-Harm Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Safety, Efficacy of Deep Brain Stimulation for Alzheimer Disease Examined
- Many Teens Who Use Tobacco Don't Self-Identify as Users