Generic Name and Formulations:
Phentermine HCl 8mg; scored tabs.
KVK Tech, Inc.
Indications for LOMAIRA:
A short-term (a few weeks) adjunct in a regimen of weight reduction based on exercise, behavioral modification and caloric restriction in the management of exogenous obesity for patients with an initial body mass index ≥30kg/m2, or ≥27kg/m2 in the presence of other risk factors (eg, hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia).
>16yrs: Individualize. Use lowest effective dose. Usual dose: 1 tab 3 times daily at approx. 30mins before meals. Avoid late PM dose.
≤16yrs: not recommended.
Cardiovascular disease (eg, coronary artery disease, stroke, arrhythmias, CHF, uncontrolled hypertension). During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Hyperthyroidism. Glaucoma. Agitated states. History of drug abuse. Pregnancy (Cat.X). Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of primary pulmonary hypertension (PPH), valvular heart disease. Discontinue if new, unexplained dyspnea, angina, syncope, or lower extremity edema develops. Discontinue if tolerance to the anorectant effect develops. Mild hypertension. Diabetes. Renal impairment: monitor. Prescribe minimal supply to avoid overdose. Elderly.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis possible with MAOIs. Concomitant other weight loss drugs, OTC preps, herbals, including SSRIs (eg, fluoxetine, sertraline, fluvoxamine, paroxetine): not recommended. Caution with alcohol. Insulin or oral hypoglycemics: requirements may be altered. May decrease hypotensive effect of adrenergic neuron blockers.
Cardiovascular (eg, PPH, regurgitant cardiac valvular disease, palpitation, tachycardia, elevated blood pressure, ischemic events, CNS (eg, overstimulation, restlessness, dizziness, insomnia, euphoria, dysphoria, tremor, headache, psychosis), dry mouth, unpleasant taste, GI upset, constipation, urticaria, impotence, changes in libido.
Tabs—30, 60, 90, 250, 500, 1000
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents