Most Recent Articles by L.G. Berry
The authors identified 4 anatomical patterns in participants with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder associated with head size, delayed development, symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and cognitive performance.
Lithium appears to be a suitable treatment for pediatric bipolar disorder; however, dedicated research has been scarce.
The authors of this study were interested in whether the criteria used to diagnose adults with bipolar disorder would be adequate for adolescents.
Although the disproportionate suicide rate among transgender youth may be daunting, family acceptance and support are associated with reduced disparities in depression between transgender and cisgender children.
Mood stabilizers are useful for long-term management of bipolar disorder, but weight change can create an emotional burden for some patients, as well as heighten the risk for metabolic dysregulation.
More Articles by L.G. Berry
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Link Identified Between Cured Meat and Mania in Bipolar Disorder
- Early Risk Factors for Bipolar Disorder Found in Offspring of BD Parents
- First-Episode Delusional Disorder vs Schizophrenia: Assessment of Outcomes
- Daily Drinking Associated With Increased Mortality Risk
- Probiotics, Depression, and the Role of Inflammation
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- The Impact of Deafness on Hallucinations and Delusions
- High Risk for Anxiety, Depression, and Stress Observed Among Single Mothers
- Self-Harm, Suicidality Among Adolescents Associated With Poor Outcomes, Recurrent Clinical Care
- Moderate Association Between Sociocognitive Functioning and Thought Disorder in Schizophrenia
- Psychotropic Medications May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Schizophrenia Polygenetic Risk Score as a Predictor of Bipolar Disorder With Psychosis