Generic Name and Formulations:
Hyoscyamine sulfate 0.125mg; sublingual scored tabs; peppermint flavor; dye-free.
- Brain Region Connectivities Mediate the Association Between Depression and Sleep Quality
- Diclofenac Use Slows Cognitive Decline in Alzheimer Disease
- Fatigue a Potential Indicator of Overlapping Sleep Apnea and COPD
Indications for LEVSIN/SL:
Adjunct in peptic ulcer. Irritable bowel syndrome. Infant colic.
1–2 tabs sublingually, swallowed, or chewed every 4 hrs or as needed; max 12 tabs/day.
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: ½ –1 tab sublingually, swallowed, or chewed every 4 hrs or as needed; max 6 tabs/day.
Glaucoma. Unstable cardiovascular status in acute hemorrhage. GI or urinary tract obstruction. Paralytic ileus, intestinal atony of elderly or debilitated patients. Toxic megacolon. Severe ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis.
High environmental temperature. Diarrhea. Autonomic neuropathy. Impaired cardiac or renal function. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Hiatal hernia with reflux esophagitis. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Antacids may inhibit absorption. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics, amantadine, type I antiarrhythmics, antihistamines, phenothiazines, tricyclics, MAOIs.
Anticholinergic effects, drowsiness.
Formerly known under the brand name Levsin Drops.
Tabs, SL—100, 500; Drops—contact supplier
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation