Generic Name and Formulations:
Levothyroxine sodium 25mcg, 50mcg, 75mcg, 88mcg, 100mcg, 112mcg, 125mcg, 137mcg, 150mcg, 175mcg, 200mcg, 300mcg; tabs.
Indications for LEVOTHROID:
Maintenance: 100–200mcg daily. Complications: titrate dose.
<6months: 8–10mcg/kg per day. 6months–1yr: 6–8mcg/kg per day. 1–5yrs: 5–6mcg/kg per day. 6–12yrs: 4–5mcg/kg per day.
Thyrotoxicosis. Acute MI. Uncorrected adrenal insufficiency.
Not for treatment of obesity. Cardiovascular disease. Diabetes. Adrenal insufficiency. Increased sensitivity in myxedema, severe hypothyroidism. Pregnancy (Cat.A). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates sympathomimetics. Monitor antihyperglycemics, oral anticoagulants.
Hyperthyroidism; transient hair loss in children.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling