LAMISIL TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Terbinafine HCl 250mg.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for LAMISIL TABLETS:
Onychomycosis of the toenail or fingernail due to tinea unguium.
250mg once daily for 6 weeks (fingernail) or 12 weeks (toenail).
Chronic or active liver disease.
Onychomycosis: confirm diagnosis with nail specimen. Pre-existing hepatic disease or renal impairment (CrCl <50mL/min): not recommended. Perform LFTs prior to and periodically during treatment. Discontinue if hepatic injury, progressive skin rash (eg, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, DRESS), taste/smell disturbances, severe neutropenia (neutrophils ≤1000 cells/mm3), thrombotic microangiopathy occurs, or if lupus erythematosus is suspected. Monitor CBCs if immunodeficient. Pregnancy (Cat.B), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiated by cimetidine. Antagonized by rifampin. May potentiate drugs metabolized by CYP2D6 (eg, tricyclic antidepressants, SSRIs, beta-blockers). May be potentiated by CYP2C9 and CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, fluconazole, ketoconazole, amiodarone). Potentiates caffeine. Antagonizes cyclosporine.
Headache, diarrhea, rash, dyspepsia, liver enzyme abnormalities, pruritus, taste disturbances, nausea, abdominal pain, flatulence, urticaria; also children: nasopharyngitis, pyrexia, cough, upper respiratory infection; rare: hepatotoxicity, depressive symptoms, smell disturbances.
Tabs—30, 100; Packets—14, 42
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling
- Nightmares in Military Personnel Frequently Comorbid With Mental Health Disorders
- Potential for SERMs as Adjunctive Therapy for Schizophrenia
- Addressing Racial Disparities in Bipolar Disorder Treatment
- Negative Symptoms Increase Cardiovascular Risk in Schizophrenia