Positive Serologic Test for Helicobacter pylori
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
For gastric ulcer:
Endoscopy to visualize the ulcer; biopsy of the lesion is recommended to determine if patient has gastric adenocarcinoma.
Rapid urease test of biopsy material (CLO test) verifies the presence of active infection.
For duodenal ulcer disease:
Urea breath test is a sensitive and specific test for detection of active infection without the use of biopsy in patients with uncomplicated duodenal ulcer.
If a biopsy is performed, the CLO test, if positive, verifies the presence of active infection.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Methylphenidate for ADHD Treatment May Be Associated With Low BMI
- Patients With Schizophrenia May Benefit From Occupational Therapy
- Minocycline vs Routine Care for Clinical Symptom Improvement in Schizophrenia
- Temperament Traits May Predict Treatment Outcomes Depression
- FDA Panel Votes on Postpartum Depression Treatment Zulresso
- Psychotic Experiences Linked to Anxiety and Somatic Symptoms in Preadolescent
- DSM-5 Anxious Distress Specifier Valid for Major Depressive Disorder
- Social Stigma Worsens Mental Health With Autism
- Onset of Psychosis Not Related to Cognitive Deterioration in Schizophrenia
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia