Decreased Serum Aldosterone
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Serum potassium usually elevated
Low serum sodium
Normal or elevated plasma renin
In most cases, elevated serum potassium and low or low-normal serum sodium
Low renin production with certain causes of secondary hypoaldosteronism but normal or elevated with other causes
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Transference in the Age of #MeToo: What Counts as Harassment From a Patient?
- Models Derived From Electronic Health Records Effective in Predicting Suicide Risk
- Autonomic Function May Have Directional Effect on Depression
- Predictors of Long-term Medication Adherence in Children With ADHD
- Probiotics Effective in Reducing Rehospitalization for Patients With Mania
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look