BUN and/or Creatinine Increased: Postrenal Cause
Obstruction originating within the urinary tract:
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
Blood clots or sloughed cells
Functional abnormalities of urinary tract.
Obstruction originating outside the urinary tract :
Tumor or mass adjacent to the urinary tract
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Tests to assess predisposition to form urinary calculi
Tests for infection within the urinary tract
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Minocycline vs Routine Care for Clinical Symptom Improvement in Schizophrenia
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- Psychiatric Screening Tool for EMS Aims to Reduce Emergency Department Burden
- Inflammation Associated With Gray Matter, Hippocampal Volume Reduction in Older Adults With Bipolar Disorder
- How Employer-Sponsored Wellness Programs Create Ethical Dilemma for Physicians
- Opioid Overdose Deaths Reach Record Number in United States
- Pathways for Intellectual Disability in Children: Maternal Mental Illness vs Obstetric Complications
- The Challenges of Identifying Biomarkers of Psychiatric Illness
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- These Tools May Help Providers and Policymakers to Address the Opioid Crisis