Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium sulfacetamide 10%; lotion.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for KLARON:
Apply thin film twice daily to affected areas.
Discontinue if hypersensitivity, skin rash, or irritation occur. Avoid eyes. Denuded or abraded skin. Asthma. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Local irritation; severe systemic toxic reactions to sulfonamides may occur rarely.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation