KAOPECTATE LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bismuth subsalicylate 262mg/15mL; regular (contains K+ 5mg, Na+ 10mg), peppermint (contains K+ 5mg, Na+ 10mg), and cherry flavor (contains Na+ 10mg).
Indications for KAOPECTATE LIQUID:
30mL every 30–60 minutes if needed. Max 8 doses/day.
Varicella or influenza in children and teenagers.
Ulcer. Coagulation disorders. Diabetes. Reye's syndrome. Sodium-restricted diet. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Potentiates oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics. Antagonizes uricosurics. Salicylism with aspirin. Reduces tetracycline absorption.
Darkened tongue and/or stool.
Liq (regular, peppermint)—8oz, 12oz; Liq (cherry)—6oz; Extra strength liq—8oz, 12oz
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Suicide Risk After Self-Harm Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Safety, Efficacy of Deep Brain Stimulation for Alzheimer Disease Examined
- Many Teens Who Use Tobacco Don't Self-Identify as Users