Generic Name and Formulations:
Sebelipase alfa 20mg/10mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for KANUMA:
Treatment of lysosomal acid lipase (LAL) deficiency.
Adults and Children:
<1 month: not established. Give as IV infusion over ≥2hrs; consider further prolonging infusion time for the 3mg/kg dose or if a hypersensitivity reaction occurs. May consider a 1hr infusion for the 1mg/kg dose in those who tolerate the infusion. ≥1 month: 1mg/kg once every other week. If rapidly progressive within first 6 months of life: initially 1mg/kg once weekly; increase to 3mg/kg once weekly if optimal response not achieved. May pre-treat with antipyretics and/or antihistamines.
Monitor for hypersensitivity reactions during and after infusion; interrupt or lower infusion rate based on severity. Discontinue immediately and treat if severe hypersensitivity including anaphylaxis occurs. Eggs or egg products allergy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Hydrolytic lysosomal cholesteryl ester and triacylglycerol-specific enzyme.
Diarrhea, vomiting, fever, rhinitis, anemia, cough, nasopharyngitis, urticaria, headache, oropharyngeal pain, asthenia, constipation, nausea.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Short Forms of Parent General Behavior Inventory Reliable at Identifying Youth Mood Symptoms
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Unexpected Effect of Substance Use Disorders on Recovery From Bipolar Depression
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Integrating Treatments for Opioid Use Disorder and Infectious Diseases