Generic Name and Formulations:
Sebelipase alfa 20mg/10mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for KANUMA:
Treatment of lysosomal acid lipase (LAL) deficiency.
Adults and Children:
<1 month: not established. Give as IV infusion over ≥2hrs; consider further prolonging infusion time for the 3mg/kg dose or if a hypersensitivity reaction occurs. May consider a 1hr infusion for the 1mg/kg dose in those who tolerate the infusion. ≥1 month: 1mg/kg once every other week. If rapidly progressive within first 6 months of life: initially 1mg/kg once weekly; increase to 3mg/kg once weekly if optimal response not achieved. May pre-treat with antipyretics and/or antihistamines.
Monitor for hypersensitivity reactions during and after infusion; interrupt or lower infusion rate based on severity. Discontinue immediately and treat if severe hypersensitivity including anaphylaxis occurs. Eggs or egg products allergy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Hydrolytic lysosomal cholesteryl ester and triacylglycerol-specific enzyme.
Diarrhea, vomiting, fever, rhinitis, anemia, cough, nasopharyngitis, urticaria, headache, oropharyngeal pain, asthenia, constipation, nausea.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition