Generic Name and Formulations:
Romidepsin 10mg/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; contains povidone.
Indications for ISTODAX:
Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma in patients who have received at least one prior systemic therapy. Peripheral T-cell lymphoma in patients who have received at least one prior therapy.
≥18yrs: Give by IV infusion over 4hrs. 14mg/m2 on days 1, 8, and 15 of a 28-day cycle; repeat cycle every 28 days; continue as tolerated and as beneficial. May interrupt, reduce dose to 10mg/m2, or discontinue based on toxicities (see full labeling).
<18yrs: not established.
Increased risk of serious infections (eg, pneumonia, sepsis, Epstein Barr, HBV). Prior history of hep B infection; consider monitoring for reactivation and give antiviral prophylaxis. Correct electrolyte imbalances (esp. K+, Mg++) before starting. Monitor ECG and electrolytes in congenital long QT syndrome, significant cardiovascular disease. Advanced stage disease and/or high tumor syndrome: monitor closely for tumor lysis syndrome. Moderate-to-severe hepatic impairment. End-stage renal disease. Monitor CBC with differential. Pregnancy (Cat.D; may cause fetal harm). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Histone deacetylase inhibitor.
Caution with other drugs that can cause QT prolongation (monitor). Monitor PT/INR with warfarin. Potentiated by drugs that inhibit P-gp and CYP3A4; avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, azole antifungals, protease inhibitors, clarithromycin, telithromycin, nefazodone). Caution with moderate CYP3A4 inhibitors. Avoid concomitant rifampin. May be antagonized by other strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, dexamethasone, carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital, rifabutin, rifapentine, St. John’s Wort); avoid when possible.
Neutropenia, lymphopenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, infections, anorexia, ECG T-wave changes; tumor lysis syndrome.
Kit—1 (single-use vial + diluent and supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Healthcare Community Should Favor More Restrictive Alcohol Policies
- How to Respond to a Patient's Request for Prayer: A Clinician's Dilemma
- Major Barriers to Useful Risk Prediction Must Be Overcome to Reach the Full Potential of Big Data
- ACA Coverage Gains Include Workers Without Insurance
- Steps Provided for Discharging Patients From Practice