Generic Name and Formulations:
Romidepsin 10mg/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; contains povidone.
Indications for ISTODAX:
Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma in patients who have received at least one prior systemic therapy. Peripheral T-cell lymphoma in patients who have received at least one prior therapy.
≥18yrs: Give by IV infusion over 4hrs. 14mg/m2 on days 1, 8, and 15 of a 28-day cycle; repeat cycle every 28 days; continue as tolerated and as beneficial. May interrupt, reduce dose to 10mg/m2, or discontinue based on toxicities (see full labeling).
<18yrs: not established.
Increased risk of serious infections (eg, pneumonia, sepsis, Epstein Barr, HBV). Prior history of hep B infection; consider monitoring for reactivation and give antiviral prophylaxis. Correct electrolyte imbalances (esp. K+, Mg++) before starting. Monitor ECG and electrolytes in congenital long QT syndrome, significant cardiovascular disease. Advanced stage disease and/or high tumor syndrome: monitor closely for tumor lysis syndrome. Moderate-to-severe hepatic impairment. End-stage renal disease. Monitor CBC with differential. Pregnancy (Cat.D; may cause fetal harm). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with other drugs that can cause QT prolongation (monitor). Monitor PT/INR with warfarin. Potentiated by drugs that inhibit P-gp and CYP3A4; avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, azole antifungals, protease inhibitors, clarithromycin, telithromycin, nefazodone). Caution with moderate CYP3A4 inhibitors. Avoid concomitant rifampin. May be antagonized by other strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, dexamethasone, carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital, rifabutin, rifapentine, St. John’s Wort); avoid when possible.
Histone deacetylase inhibitor.
Neutropenia, lymphopenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, infections, anorexia, ECG T-wave changes; tumor lysis syndrome.
Kit—1 (single-use vial + diluent and supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling