Isosorbide mononitrate extended-release Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Isosorbide mononitrate 30mg+, 60mg+, 120mg; ext-rel tabs; +scored.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Isosorbide mononitrate extended-release :
Prevention of angina. Not for acute attacks.
Do not crush or chew. Take with fluid. Initially 30–60mg once daily in the AM. May increase to 120mg once daily; usual max 240mg once daily.
Acute MI. CHF. Hypotension. Volume depletion. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor for tolerance. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Severe hypotension with sildenafil. Orthostatic hypotension with alcohol, calcium channel blockers.
Headache, dizziness, hypotension.
Formerly known under the brand name Imdur.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation