Generic Name and Formulations:
Eptifibatide 0.75mg/mL, 2mg/mL; soln for IV inj.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for INTEGRILIN:
For acute coronary syndrome, including patients who are to be managed medically and those undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), including those undergoing intracoronary stenting.
See literature. Use in combination with aspirin and heparin. ACS: 180micrograms/kg IV bolus, followed by a continuous IV infusion of 2micrograms/kg/min until discharge or CABG surgery, up to 72hrs. If PCI planned, continue infusion until discharge, or for up to 18–24hrs after procedure, whichever comes first, allowing up to 96hrs of therapy. PCI: 180micrograms/kg IV bolus followed by 2micrograms/kg/min infusion; repeat 180micrograms/kg IV bolus 10mins after the 1st bolus; continue infusion until discharge, or for up to 18–24hrs, whichever comes first, minimum 12hr-infusion recommended. CrCl <50mL/min: reduce infusion rate to 1microgram/kg/min.
Bleeding diathesis or active abnormal bleeding within previous 30 days. Severe uncontrolled hypertension. Major surgery within previous 6 weeks. History of stroke within 30 days or any history of hemorrhagic stroke. Concomitant parenteral GP IIb/IIIa inhibitors. Renal dialysis.
See literature. Discontinue if uncontrolled bleeding occurs. Platelet count <100,000/mm3. Properly care for femoral artery access site to minimize bleeding. Minimize other arterial and venous punctures, IM inj, catheter use, intubation, NG tubes, to lower bleeding risk; avoid use of non-compressible IV access sites. Do baseline platelet counts, hemoglobin, hematocrit, others and monitor during therapy (see literature). Discontinue if confirmed thrombocytopenia occurs. Renal insufficiency. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antiplatelet effects may be potentiated by thrombolytics, oral anticoagulants, NSAIDs, and dipyridamole.
Bleeding, intracranial hemorrhage, stroke, thrombocytopenia, hypersensitivity reactions, hypotension.
Vial 0.75mg/mL (100mL)—1; 2mg/mL (10mL, 100mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders