Generic Name and Formulations:
Eptifibatide 0.75mg/mL, 2mg/mL; soln for IV inj.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for INTEGRILIN:
For acute coronary syndrome, including patients who are to be managed medically and those undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), including those undergoing intracoronary stenting.
See literature. Use in combination with aspirin and heparin. ACS: 180micrograms/kg IV bolus, followed by a continuous IV infusion of 2micrograms/kg/min until discharge or CABG surgery, up to 72hrs. If PCI planned, continue infusion until discharge, or for up to 18–24hrs after procedure, whichever comes first, allowing up to 96hrs of therapy. PCI: 180micrograms/kg IV bolus followed by 2micrograms/kg/min infusion; repeat 180micrograms/kg IV bolus 10mins after the 1st bolus; continue infusion until discharge, or for up to 18–24hrs, whichever comes first, minimum 12hr-infusion recommended. CrCl <50mL/min: reduce infusion rate to 1microgram/kg/min.
Bleeding diathesis or active abnormal bleeding within previous 30 days. Severe uncontrolled hypertension. Major surgery within previous 6 weeks. History of stroke within 30 days or any history of hemorrhagic stroke. Concomitant parenteral GP IIb/IIIa inhibitors. Renal dialysis.
See literature. Discontinue if uncontrolled bleeding occurs. Platelet count <100,000/mm3. Properly care for femoral artery access site to minimize bleeding. Minimize other arterial and venous punctures, IM inj, catheter use, intubation, NG tubes, to lower bleeding risk; avoid use of non-compressible IV access sites. Do baseline platelet counts, hemoglobin, hematocrit, others and monitor during therapy (see literature). Discontinue if confirmed thrombocytopenia occurs. Renal insufficiency. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antiplatelet effects may be potentiated by thrombolytics, oral anticoagulants, NSAIDs, and dipyridamole.
Bleeding, intracranial hemorrhage, stroke, thrombocytopenia, hypersensitivity reactions, hypotension.
Vial 0.75mg/mL (100mL)—1; 2mg/mL (10mL, 100mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Short Forms of Parent General Behavior Inventory Reliable at Identifying Youth Mood Symptoms
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Unexpected Effect of Substance Use Disorders on Recovery From Bipolar Depression
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Integrating Treatments for Opioid Use Disorder and Infectious Diseases