The authors argue that identifying and treating sleep disorders during early stages may have a positive impact on outcomes in psychiatric patients.
Nightmares are frequently comorbid with other sleep and mental health disorders in US military personnel.
Elderly patients have a higher prevalence of chronic pain than younger adults.
Insomnia for survivors of breast cancer was improved using ai chi chih as cognitive behavioral therapy.
Over 56% of the participants were still in full remission at 1-year follow-up.
The study supports previous findings that hyperarousal of the inflammatory system may contribute to insulin resistance.
Every decrease in standard deviation of the amount of REM sleep was correlated with a 23% increased risk of atrial fibrillation.
The Pain-Related Beliefs and Attitudes about Sleep (PBAS) scale offers a tool to assess the interaction between sleep, insomnia and chronic pain.
After 10 years follow-up, researchers found that women who experienced surgical menopause were more likely to suffer worse insomnia symptoms.
Sleep duration was significantly longer and there was less sleep disruption for pregnant women in the sleep enhancement training group compared with that of women in control groups.
Telephone-based CBT significantly improves symptoms of insomnia in menopausal women.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses