This research supports the legitimacy of digital cognitive behavioral therapy as a treatment method for individuals with insomnia.
Information on characteristics and duration of particular insomnia types.
For pediatric patients with chronic pain, PTSD symptoms may be linked with higher levels of pain intensity.
Many cervical cancer survivors experience fatigue, insomnia, and hot flashes years later.
Doctors who prescribed a particular insomnia medication in the past were 3 times as likely to continue prescribing the same drug.
Overall, 26 of the 34 studies suggested a positive relationship between insomnia and depression.
After 10 years follow-up, researchers found that women who experienced surgical menopause were more likely to suffer worse insomnia symptoms.
American College of Physician researchers have released 2 recommendations for treatment of chronic insomnia disorder.
Young adults with sleep problems may be at higher risk for developing chronic pain or worsening pain severity.
The association between sleep disturbance and inflammation provides support for the possible etiopathogenic role of chronobiological disturbances.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Efficacy, Safety of Long-Term Ketamine Administration Still In Question
- Etiology of Schizophrenia: Strong Association With Certain Rare Copy Number Variants
- KCNQ Channel Potentiator Ezogabine Delivers Promising Results in Major Depressive Disorder
- Vulnerability to Psychosocial Disability in Psychosis
- FDA to Review Lumateperone for Treatment of Schizophrenia
- Cannabis Use, Cannabis Use Disorder Linked to Psychotic, Depressive Symptoms
- Abstinence From Regular Cannabis Use Improves Memory Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- Association Between Opioid and Benzodiazepine Misuse and Suicidal Ideation
- Group Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Is Effective Treatment for Adolescent Anxiety
- The Intersection of Eating and Alcohol Disorders: Detecting and Managing "Drunkorexia"