Information on characteristics and duration of particular insomnia types.
For pediatric patients with chronic pain, PTSD symptoms may be linked with higher levels of pain intensity.
Many cervical cancer survivors experience fatigue, insomnia, and hot flashes years later.
Doctors who prescribed a particular insomnia medication in the past were 3 times as likely to continue prescribing the same drug.
Overall, 26 of the 34 studies suggested a positive relationship between insomnia and depression.
After 10 years follow-up, researchers found that women who experienced surgical menopause were more likely to suffer worse insomnia symptoms.
American College of Physician researchers have released 2 recommendations for treatment of chronic insomnia disorder.
Young adults with sleep problems may be at higher risk for developing chronic pain or worsening pain severity.
The association between sleep disturbance and inflammation provides support for the possible etiopathogenic role of chronobiological disturbances.
Researchers suggest that there are more effective or adjunctive interventions to resolve symptoms of RBD.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Atypical Symptom Presentations in Pediatric OCD
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Light Therapy Effective for Older Adults with Nonseasonal Depression
- AMA Adopts Policy on Augmented Intelligence
- Parental Belief in Religion Lowers Child Suicide Risk
- Appetitive Symptoms, Fluoxetine, and Light Therapy: Predicting Treatment Response for Nonseasonal Major Depression
- Bipolar Disorder Patients Benefit From Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality