Information on characteristics and duration of particular insomnia types.
For pediatric patients with chronic pain, PTSD symptoms may be linked with higher levels of pain intensity.
Many cervical cancer survivors experience fatigue, insomnia, and hot flashes years later.
Doctors who prescribed a particular insomnia medication in the past were 3 times as likely to continue prescribing the same drug.
Overall, 26 of the 34 studies suggested a positive relationship between insomnia and depression.
After 10 years follow-up, researchers found that women who experienced surgical menopause were more likely to suffer worse insomnia symptoms.
American College of Physician researchers have released 2 recommendations for treatment of chronic insomnia disorder.
Young adults with sleep problems may be at higher risk for developing chronic pain or worsening pain severity.
The association between sleep disturbance and inflammation provides support for the possible etiopathogenic role of chronobiological disturbances.
Researchers suggest that there are more effective or adjunctive interventions to resolve symptoms of RBD.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Should Physicians Treat Family and Friends? Three Experts Weigh In
- Transference in the Age of #MeToo: What Counts as Harassment From a Patient?
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Effective in Reducing Suicide Attempts, Self-Harm in Adolescents
- Influence of Psychostimulants on BMI and Height in Youth With ADHD
- Medication Adherence Predictors in Patients With Severe Psychiatric Disorders
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Functional Restoration for Chronic Pain and Depression in the Elderly: Pharmacotherapy and Beyond
- Efficacy of Long-Acting Injectable Antipsychotics vs Oral Antipsychotics
- Older Age Associated With Worse Major Depressive Disorder Outcomes
- Preoperative Psychiatric Diagnoses Not Associated With Bariatric Surgery Outcomes
- Medical Clearance of Psych Patients in the ED: Consensus Recommendations