Generic Name and Formulations:
Clobetasol propionate 0.025%; crm.
Encore Dermatology, Inc.
RECENT UPDATESMonograph added.
Indications for IMPOYZ:
Moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
≥18yrs: apply thin layer twice daily; max 50g/week and 2 consecutive weeks' treatment per course. Discontinue when control is achieved. Wash hands after application. Do not occlude.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Avoid use on face, scalp, axilla, groin, or other intertriginous areas. Do not use for diaper dermatitis or on pre-existing skin atrophy. Risk of HPA axis suppression with high-potency steroids, prolonged use, application to large surface area, use of occlusive dressings, altered skin barrier, liver failure, young age; discontinue gradually, reduce dose, or substitute with less potent corticosteroid if occurs. Treat infection if present; discontinue if infection persists or worsens. Avoid abrupt cessation in chronic use. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Application site discoloration, burning, itching, irritation, dryness, folliculitis, acneiform eruptions, hypertrichosis, hypopigmentation, perioral dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis (discontinue if irritation occurs), secondary infection, striae, miliaria; HPA axis suppression (esp. in children); rare: Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, glucosuria.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Psychopathology of Adults Affected by Pre- and Perinatal Factors, Family Functioning
- Anxiety: Feature of Late-Onset Dementia or Modifiable Risk Factor?
- New APA President Takes Office as the First African-American to Lead the Organization
- Family History of Psychiatric Disorders an Important Predictor of Postpartum Psychiatric Illness
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- Addressing Psychiatric Comorbidities in Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases
- Exploring the Link Between Persistent Infection, Inflammation, and Mood Disorders
- CDC: No Change in Level of Uninsured in US in 2017
- Benefit of Behavioral Activation During TMS for Major Depressive Disorder
- Global Prevalence of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Illicit Drug Use: A 2017 Status Report