Generic Name and Formulations:
Clobetasol propionate 0.025%; crm.
Encore Dermatology, Inc.
Indications for IMPOYZ:
Moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
≥18yrs: apply thin layer twice daily; max 50g/week and 2 consecutive weeks' treatment per course. Discontinue when control is achieved. Wash hands after application. Do not occlude.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Avoid use on face, scalp, axilla, groin, or other intertriginous areas. Do not use for diaper dermatitis or on pre-existing skin atrophy. Risk of HPA axis suppression with high-potency steroids, prolonged use, application to large surface area, use of occlusive dressings, altered skin barrier, liver failure, young age; discontinue gradually, reduce dose, or substitute with less potent corticosteroid if occurs. Treat infection if present; discontinue if infection persists or worsens. Avoid abrupt cessation in chronic use. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Application site discoloration, burning, itching, irritation, dryness, folliculitis, acneiform eruptions, hypertrichosis, hypopigmentation, perioral dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis (discontinue if irritation occurs), secondary infection, striae, miliaria; HPA axis suppression (esp. in children); rare: Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, glucosuria.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Link Identified Between Cured Meat and Mania in Bipolar Disorder
- Early Risk Factors for Bipolar Disorder Found in Offspring of BD Parents
- First-Episode Delusional Disorder vs Schizophrenia: Assessment of Outcomes
- Daily Drinking Associated With Increased Mortality Risk
- Probiotics, Depression, and the Role of Inflammation
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- The Impact of Deafness on Hallucinations and Delusions
- High Risk for Anxiety, Depression, and Stress Observed Among Single Mothers
- Self-Harm, Suicidality Among Adolescents Associated With Poor Outcomes, Recurrent Clinical Care
- Moderate Association Between Sociocognitive Functioning and Thought Disorder in Schizophrenia
- Psychotropic Medications May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Schizophrenia Polygenetic Risk Score as a Predictor of Bipolar Disorder With Psychosis