Generic Name and Formulations:
Coagulation Factor IX (recombinant), albumin fusion protein 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU, 2000 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for IDELVION:
In patients with Hemophilia B: to control and prevent bleeding episodes, for perioperative management, and routine prophylaxis to prevent or reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes.
Limitations Of use:
Not for immune tolerance induction.
Adults and Children:
Dose (IU) = body weight (kg) x desired FIX increase (% of normal or IU/dL) x reciprocal of recovery (IU/dL per IU/kg). Dose adjustment may be necessary in children <12yrs. Individualize. Max infusion rate: 10mL/min. Bleeding: Minor/Moderate: 30–60% required; repeat every 48–72hrs for ≥1 day until bleeding stops and healing is achieved. Major: 60–100% required; repeat every 48–72hrs for 7–14 days until bleeding stops and healing is achieved; give maintenance dose weekly. Perioperative: Minor: 50–80% required; repeat every 48–72hrs for ≥1 day or until healing is achieved. Major: initially 60–100% required; every 48–72hrs for 7–14 days or until bleeding stops and healing is achieved; may repeat every 48–72hrs for the first week or until healing is achieved; give maintenance dose 1–2 times weekly. Routine prophylaxis: ≥12yrs: 25–40 IU/kg every 7 days or if well-controlled, may give 50–75 IU/kg every 14 days; <12yrs: 40–55 IU/kg every 7 days.
Hamster protein sensitivity.
Discontinue and treat if hypersensitivity symptoms occur. Monitor for development of Factor IX inhibitors. Liver disease, fibrinolysis, perioperative status, risk factors for thromboembolic events or disseminated intravascular coagulation; monitor for thromboembolism and consumptive coagulopathy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Headache, dizziness, hypersensitivity, rash, eczema.
Kit—1 (single-use vial + diluent, supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- Tolerability of Novel Long-Acting Injectable Aripiprazole Tested for Bipolar Disorder
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- Link Between Vitamin D Levels and Intracranial Volume in Schizophrenia
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Symptoms of Anxiety, Depression Differ Depending on Gender, Race, Ethnicity
- Examining Whether Adjunctive Glutamatergic Medication Further Eases OCD Symptoms
- FDA Permits Marketing of Brain Stimulation Device for OCD
- Antipsychotics Adversely Affect Adiposity and Insulin Sensitivity in Youths
- Know Before You Go: Practicing Medicine Abroad