IDAMYCIN PFS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Idarubicin 1mg/mL; soln for IV infusion; preservative-free.
Indications for IDAMYCIN PFS:
Acute myeloid leukemia.
Give by slow IV infusion (over 10–15 mins). 12mg/m2 daily for 3 days (in combination with cytarabine). May give 2nd course if needed; if toxicity develops after 1st course, delay until resolved; reduce dose by 25%. Hepatic and renal impairment: consider reduce dose.
Pre-existing bone marrow suppression. Cardiovascular disease. Thoracic irradiation. Previous anthracycline therapy at high cumulative doses. Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor CBCs, cardiac, renal and hepatic function prior to and during treatment. Avoid extravasation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid use. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant drugs that suppress cardiac contractility or cardiotoxic drugs (eg, trastuzumab, cyclophosphamide, paclitaxel): not recommended; avoid use for 5 half-lives after discontinuing cardiotoxic drug.
Myelosuppression, GI upset, mucositis, abdominal pain, alopecia, rash, inj site reactions, hepatotoxicity, renal toxicity, cardiotoxicity (eg, CHF, arrhythmias, chest pain, MI, asymptomatic declines in LVEF), hyperuricemia.
Single-dose vials—1; PFS: Single-dose vials (5mL, 10mL, 20mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders