HYPERRAB S/D Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Rabies immune globulin (human) 150 IU/mL; soln for IM inj; preservative-free; latex-free.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
Indications for HYPERRAB S/D:
Postexposure prophylaxis of rabies (along with rabies vaccines).
See full labeling. Give by IM inj preferably at the time of 1st vaccine dose; may be given through 7th day after 1st vaccine dose is given. Not previously vaccinated: 20 IU/kg (0.133mL/kg) once. If feasible, up to full dose should be infiltrated in area around wound and the rest (if any) into deltoid muscle of upper arm or lateral thigh muscle.
Previously immunized with rabies vaccine with a confirmed adequate rabies antibody titer: not recommended. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. IgA-deficiency. Thrombocytopenia or other bleeding disorders. Prior history of allergic reactions to human immunoglobulins. Have epinephrine inj available. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Do not administer repeated doses after administration of rabies vaccine; may suppress immune response to the vaccine. Avoid live vaccines within 3 months (eg, measles, mumps, polio, rubella).
Inj site reactions, mild temp elevations; rare: angioneurotic edema, rash, nephrotic syndrome, anaphylactic shock.
Single-dose vial (2mL, 10mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation