Hydrocodone Bitartrate/Homatropine Methylbromide Tablets CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 5mg, homatropine methylbromide 1.5mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Hydrocodone Bitartrate/Homatropine Methylbromide Tablets:
≥12yrs: 1 tab every 4–6hrs as needed; max 6 tabs/24hrs.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs: ½ tab every 4–6hrs as needed; max 3 tabs/24hrs.
Risks from concomitant benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (see Interactions). Risk of life-threatening respiratory depression (esp. in children). Abuse potential (monitor). Head injury, other intracranial lesions or pre-existing increase in intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Hypothyroidism. Addison's disease. Prostatic hypertrophy. Urethral stricture. Asthma. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of respiratory depression, sedation with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (eg, opioids, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, alcohol); avoid. May affect or be affected by MAOIs, TCAs.
Respiratory depression, drowsiness, hypertension, orthostatic hypotension, palpitations, anticholinergic effects, sedation, anxiety, nausea, rash, pruritus.
Formerly known under the brand name Hycodan.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling