Hydralazine Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydralazine HCl 10mg, 25mg, 50mg, 100mg.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Hydralazine Tablets:
Initially 10mg 4 times daily for 2–4 days, then increase to 25mg 4 times daily for rest of 1st week, then to 50mg 4 times daily; max 300mg/day.
Initially 0.75mg/kg per day in 4 divided doses, increase gradually over 3–4 weeks; max 7.5mg/kg or 200mg daily.
Coronary artery disease. Mitral valve disease.
Suspected coronary artery disease. Cerebrovascular accidents. Aortic aneurysm. Increased intracranial pressure. Renal disease. Treat paresthesias and/or numbness with pyridoxine. Discontinue if blood dyscrasias occur. Obtain CBC and ANA titer periodically; consider discontinuing if SLE occurs. Surgery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution with MAOIs. Profound hypotension with potent parenteral antihypertensives (eg, diazoxide). Antagonized by NSAIDs. May block epinephrine.
Headache, anorexia, GI disturbances, palpitations, edema, flushing, nasal congestion, lacrimation, rash, tachycardia, angina, orthostatic hypotension, blood dyscrasias, peripheral neuritis, SLE.
Formerly known under the brand names Apresoline (inj, tabs); Dralzine (tabs).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling