"Detecting depression in the emergency department is of utmost importance," Dr. Brickman and colleagues wrote in their publication.
Risk highest among patients with psych symptoms pre-ICU/psych distress symptoms while in ICU
This nationwide population-based cohort study is currently the largest study to examine infections as a predictor of death by suicide.
Today, most people in the developed world are in hospitals at the end of their lives.
Average payment for patient admission increased more than 110% at hospitals that were part of the largest multi-hospital systems, compared with 70% at all other hospitals.
No significant effect was found for preventing or treating delirium during hospitalization with antipsychotic medications.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses