In July 2014, Psychiatry Advisor launched, and since then, our readership continues to grow as we provide a mix of news, features and opinions on topics of interest to mental health professionals. As the editor of Psychiatry Advisor, I want to thank our readers for making the website such a resounding success, and I look forward to making Psychiatry Advisor even better in 2015.
Looking back on the year that has just passed, I examined web metrics to find out the most read stories. What follows is a list of the top 10 most popular stories that were published on the Psychiatry Advisor website in 2014.
10. Injection Could Potentially Stop Alzheimer’s In the Brain (Nov. 9, 2014).
9. Turmeric May Work As A Depression Treatment (Oct. 13, 2014)
8. Hoarding Disorder Diagnosis and Treatment (Nov. 24. 2014).
7. Approaching Treatment-Resistant Anxiety (Nov. 28, 2014)
6. Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder: Current Concepts and Controversies (Oct. 25, 2014)
5. Antipsychotic Treatment for Adults with Anxiety Disorders (Nov. 4, 2014)
4. Saffron As a Treatment For Depression? (Sept. 30, 2014)
3. Asperger Syndrome: History, Diagnosis and DSM-5 Changes (Dec. 12, 2014)
2. Risks and Benefits of Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy (Dec. 8, 2014)
1. ADHD Often Lurks In Other Illnesses, But Frequently Left Untreated (Oct. 1, 2014)