Generic Name and Formulations:
Hepatitis B vaccine (recombinant), adjuvanted (formulated to contain HBsAg 20mcg + CpG 1018 3000mcg) per 0.5mL dose; soln for IM inj; preservative-free.
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By County
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- FDA Pregnancy Categories
- Drugs Used in Pregnancy
- Pharmacogenetic Considerations for Psychiatric Drugs
Indications for HEPLISAV-B:
Hepatitis B immunization.
Give IM inj in deltoid muscle. ≥18yrs: 2 doses (0.5mL each) 1 month apart.
<18yrs: not established.
Have appropriate medical treatment available to manage possible anaphylactic reactions. Immunocompromised. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant immunosuppressants: may get sub-optimal response. Concomitant immune globulin; give separately using different syringes at different inj sites. May interfere with lab tests.
Local reactions (eg, pain, redness, swelling), fatigue, headache, malaise; anaphylaxis.
To register pregnant patients, call (844) 443-7734.
Single-dose vials—1, 5
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders