Generic Name and Formulations:
Emicizumab-kxwh 30mg/mL, 60mg/0.4mL, 105mg/0.7mL, 150mg/mL; per vial; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Indications for HEMLIBRA:
Routine prophylaxis to prevent or reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes in patients with hemophilia A with factor VIII inhibitors.
Adults and Children:
Do not inj into moles, scars, tender skin, bruised, red, hard or not intact skin areas. Give by SC inj into upper outer arms, thighs, or any abdomen quadrant; rotate inj sites. 3mg/kg once weekly for first 4 weeks, then 1.5mg/kg once weekly.
Thrombotic microangiopathy and thromboembolism.
Thrombotic microangiopathy and thromboembolism can occur when average cumulative of >100U/kg per 24hrs of activated prothrombin complex concentrate (aPCC) was given for ≥24hrs. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during treatment. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Bispecific factor IXa- and factor X-directed antibody.
Risk of thrombotic microangiopathy and thromboembolism with concomitant aPCC; monitor and immediately discontinue if occurs. May interfere with coagulation lab tests (eg, ACT, aPTT, aPTT-based assays, Bethesda assays [clotting-based] for FVIII inhibitor titers). Possible hypercoagulability with concomitant recombinant FVIIa or FVIII.
Inj site reactions, headache, arthralgia, pyrexia, diarrhea, myalgia; thrombotic microangiopathy, thromboembolism.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Symptoms of Anxiety, Depression Differ Depending on Gender, Race, Ethnicity
- Examining Whether Adjunctive Glutamatergic Medication Further Eases OCD Symptoms
- FDA Permits Marketing of Brain Stimulation Device for OCD
- Antipsychotics Adversely Affect Adiposity and Insulin Sensitivity in Youths
- Know Before You Go: Practicing Medicine Abroad