Generic Name and Formulations:
Emicizumab-kxwh 30mg/mL, 60mg/0.4mL, 105mg/0.7mL, 150mg/mL; per vial; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Indications for HEMLIBRA:
Routine prophylaxis to prevent or reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes in patients with hemophilia A with factor VIII inhibitors.
Adults and Children:
Do not inj into moles, scars, tender skin, bruised, red, hard or not intact skin areas. Give by SC inj into upper outer arms, thighs, or any abdomen quadrant; rotate inj sites. 3mg/kg once weekly for first 4 weeks, then 1.5mg/kg once weekly.
Thrombotic microangiopathy and thromboembolism can occur when average cumulative of >100U/kg per 24hrs of activated prothrombin complex concentrate (aPCC) was given for ≥24hrs. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during treatment. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Risk of thrombotic microangiopathy and thromboembolism with concomitant aPCC; monitor and immediately discontinue if occurs. May interfere with coagulation lab tests (eg, ACT, aPTT, aPTT-based assays, Bethesda assays [clotting-based] for FVIII inhibitor titers). Possible hypercoagulability with concomitant recombinant FVIIa or FVIII.
Bispecific factor IXa- and factor X-directed antibody.
Inj site reactions, headache, arthralgia, pyrexia, diarrhea, myalgia; thrombotic microangiopathy, thromboembolism.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Suicide Risk After Self-Harm Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Safety, Efficacy of Deep Brain Stimulation for Alzheimer Disease Examined
- Many Teens Who Use Tobacco Don't Self-Identify as Users