Medical practices can take a number of steps to make it more difficult to hack into their computer files.
A study suggests that female physicians do not use as many codes as their male counterparts, resulting in a reimbursement gap.
Patients with a diagnosed psychiatric problem are at increased odds of being in the emergency department for more than 24 hours.
Hospitals in states with Medicaid expansions had an increase of $3.2 million in mean annual Medicaid revenue per hospital.
Despite offering assistance to those who cannot afford medications, programs create broader problems.
HIPAA doesn't require providers to encrypt devices or electronic information, but many experts highly recommend it.
How does the U.S. health care system perform relative to other countries on various dimensions of efficiency?
"Detecting depression in the emergency department is of utmost importance," Dr. Brickman and colleagues wrote in their publication.
Incentive payments to doctors did not improve quality of care.
The longer autism spectrum disorder insurance mandates remained in place, the more that mandate-associated treated prevalence increased.
By taking better care of their health, researchers expect that LINKAGE participants will have better outcomes than usual care participants over time.
Clinical trials in humans are scheduled to begin later this year.
Today, most people in the developed world are in hospitals at the end of their lives.
Naloxone is an opioid antagonist that reverses the respiratory depression characteristic of opioid overdose.
The Role of Psychiatrists as Naloxone Advocates
Use of yoga has increased dramatically over the years.
Average payment for patient admission increased more than 110% at hospitals that were part of the largest multi-hospital systems, compared with 70% at all other hospitals.
Overall, almost half of older Medicare beneficiaries who died in 2012 had persistent high spending throughout the final year of life.
How do we make healthcare more affordable, accessible, and higher quality?
Nonpharmacologic management with multidisciplinary teams warranted due to lack of effective pharmacologic options.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Psychopathology of Adults Affected by Pre- and Perinatal Factors, Family Functioning
- Anxiety: Feature of Late-Onset Dementia or Modifiable Risk Factor?
- New APA President Takes Office as the First African-American to Lead the Organization
- Concise Questionnaire Found Consistent, Reliable at Monitoring OCD
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- HIV Viral Suppression Rates in Psychiatric Inpatients With Comorbid Substance Use Disorders
- Greater Wealth Associated With Lower Risk for Dementia in English Study
- Social Hygiene: Screening for Social Media Addiction in Adolescent Patients
- Effects of Depressive Symptoms on Cognition, Markers of Brain Aging
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look