A study suggests that female physicians do not use as many codes as their male counterparts, resulting in a reimbursement gap.
Extra-small-network plan has less expensive monthly premium than large-network plan.
Hospitals in states with Medicaid expansions had an increase of $3.2 million in mean annual Medicaid revenue per hospital.
Despite offering assistance to those who cannot afford medications, programs create broader problems.
How does the U.S. health care system perform relative to other countries on various dimensions of efficiency?
More than 80% of males and 87% of females who died from a subsequent suicide attempt did so within 12 months of their first attempt.
Incentive payments to doctors did not improve quality of care.
The longer autism spectrum disorder insurance mandates remained in place, the more that mandate-associated treated prevalence increased.
Today, most people in the developed world are in hospitals at the end of their lives.
Naloxone is an opioid antagonist that reverses the respiratory depression characteristic of opioid overdose.
The Role of Psychiatrists as Naloxone Advocates
Average payment for patient admission increased more than 110% at hospitals that were part of the largest multi-hospital systems, compared with 70% at all other hospitals.
Overall, almost half of older Medicare beneficiaries who died in 2012 had persistent high spending throughout the final year of life.
How do we make healthcare more affordable, accessible, and higher quality?
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed