HEALON GV Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium hyaluronate 7000 14mg/mL; viscoelastic soln for intraocular use.
Indications for HEALON GV:
Inject through a fine cannula into the eye. Amount varies depending on surgery, repeated inj may be required. Total amount is usually <1mL in anterior segment surgery.
Single use only; reuse may cause inflammatory reaction. Glaucoma; consider prophylactic pressure-lowering treatment. Complete removal of soln necessary to avoid intraocular pressure peaks post-op.
Ophthalmic viscosurgical device.
Incompatibility, resulting in opalescence, between sodium hyaluronate and solutions containing quaternary ammonium ions (eg, detergents, benzalkonium chloride).
Transient rise in intraocular pressure, myopic shift (if product not completely removed).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation